- Contact us for current information regarding restrictions on our tours. We hope to be back up and running as per usual, as soon as possible.
WHERE DOES RIGA FREE TOUR MEET?
- The 10:00 and 12:00 Riga Free walking tours meet in front of St. Peters Church entrance. Here you will find the guide waiting a few minutes just before the meeting time, look for a guide with a yellow suitcase!
- The 15:00 Art Nouveau Riga Free walking tours May - Sept meet in front of The Latvian National Opera steps . Here you will find the guide waiting a few minutes just before the meeting time, look for a guide with a yellow suitcase!
- Sometimes there are events held in front of the Church, if this is the case, look around to find the guide, this is rare but sometimes may occur. The same applies at the National Opera.
WILL THE TOUR WAIT FOR ME?
- Our tours are public and free, this means when the group has gathered we leave as close to the starting time as possible. As a group tour we do not wait around for individuals who are running late. The very best thing is to arrive on time or join the next tour!
DO I NEED TO BOOK A SPACE ON THE TOUR?
- If you are a small group or individual just show up! In peak seasons we have more the one guide waiting for you.
- If you are a larger group 8+ people, please contact us and ask what is best for you. We arrange private tours at a fixed fee if this works better for your timing
IS IT REALLY FREE?
- Yes! You are not obliged to pay anything for your tour. If you like the service our guides will happily accept your tips!
WHAT LANGUAGE IS THE TOUR CONDUCTED IN?
- We conduct our tours in English! We get some request for other languages but we can only suggest private tours for these. Perhaps in the future as Riga tourism grows we will add other languages but for now the demand is too low.
DO YOU RUN ALL YEAR ROUND?
- We run all year round, however during Christmas and New Years: no tours on the 25th of December and 1st of January. We do try and run an uninterrupted schedule but as you can all imagine, Free Tour guides also need to spend time at home with their Families!
Thanks for reading, if you think we are missing some information, feel free to ask us to add it!